Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Some experience at least....

Just putting down that I got a job now at Casey's General Store, which I stared on 11/15 (interviews on the 5th and 9th). I asked to be a manager-in-training, but they choose another guy. HOWEVER, they still want me. (In other words, they wanted me and another and he just happen to got the position... probably due to retail experience!) So I am now a lowly clerk with them promising to promote me to assistant manager as soon as an opening occurs.

There is only two positions, cashier and cook, and its best to be trained with both. I had no choice! The first two days was being a cook, which I found to be no sweat. Being a cashier on the other hand... AUGH! I am typing this after my first day and you have to be constantly thinking. Worse, since I don't drink or smoke, I know little about restocking the beer (cook duty) or where the cigarettes are located behind me at the register. This nonsmoker can't believe the variety! ACK! The evening manager is also not very people friendly when it comes to instruction. I hope it doesn't rub off on me when... and if... I get promoted.

Not my type of job, pay isn't so great, but its better than nothing. I am desperate for job experience. Still got my other job just in case this one doesn't work out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home